Flow of Rehabilitation
Mandatory Building Inspection Scheme
Suspected Criminal Offence
Advisory Service for BM Dispute
Interest-free loan is provided to encourage private residential flat owners to carry out internal repairs and maintenance works.
- The premises shall be :
- Building age must be of 30 years or more (according to the occupation permit)Note; and
- Annual rateable value of the residential flat should not exceed HK$162,000 in urban areas (including Shatin, Kwai Tsing, Tsuen Wan); while not exceed HK$124,000 in other areas ; and
- The only property owned by each applicant in Hong Kong in any form or manner directly or indirectly ; and
- Solely or jointly owned by individuals (not owned by companies).
- All registered individual / joint owners of the premises must be included in the application.
Note:Excluding buildings not exceeding 3 storeys and New Territories Exempted Houses.
- Each eligible applicant will be granted an interest-free loan not exceeding HK$50,000 or the total cost of approved works (whichever is lower).
- The loan is granted for flat internal repairs and maintenance works related to safety and hygiene.
- The loan is repayable in maximum by 36 equal monthly installments after release.
Home Renovation Hardship Grant
After applications for the "Home Renovation Interest-free Loan" have been approved, owners with financial difficulty can apply for the hardship grant in maximum HK$10,000 (within 5 years), if they fulfill the following criteria.
Application Criteria for Home Renovation Hardship Grant
- Application form must be submitted prior to the commencement of the interior repair works; and
- Applicant should be the registered owner of the subject premises, and comply with either one of the following requirements:
- Recipient of Comprehensive Social Security Assistance; or
- Recipient of Old Age Living Allowance; or
- Aged 60 or above or disabled, and holder of Medical Fee Waiver Certificate; or
- Aged 60 or above or disabled, and meeting the income and asset limits as listed below:
|Family Category||Monthly Income Limit (HK$)
|Asset Limit (HK$)
If applicant is required to repay mortgage for their property, the monthly income will be the net amount after deducting the mortgage repayment.
If the applicant is the owner-occupier of the subject property, the asset value of the subject property will not be counted in the asset limit.