Building Rehabilitation Workflow
Building Maintenance Grant Scheme for Needy Owners
Mandatory Building Inspection Scheme
The planning and execution of building rehabilitation often involves the appointment of various service providers (e.g. Building Professionals / Registered Contractor / other relevant professionals) to ensure compliance with legal requirement and the provision of required services.
Based on URA’s previous experience in building rehabilitation, a quality service provider is largely conducive to a building rehabilitation project with systematic and effective planning and implementation. Unfortunately, building owners/OCs often relayed that some of the existing service providers varied greatly in terms of service quality or quality of works carried out. The source of information or reference materials available in the market are often incomprehensive, as a result building owners/OCs often encounter difficulties in identifying the appropriate service providers.
In view of the above, the Building Rehabilitation Platform (“the Platform”) has launched the Building Rehabilitation Company Registration Scheme (“BRCRS”) with the following objectives:
- To establish a one-stop information platform that building owners can use to search for service providers;
- To assess service providers’ project management mechanisms and systems for performing building rehabilitation works;
- To encourage service providers to keep improving their service; and
- To promote a standard of good practice to service providers.
Type of Registration
BRCRS will accept application from service providers under the following categories:
- Authorized Persons; (official application)
- Registered Inspectors; (official application)
- Registered General Building Contractors; (official application)
- Registered Minor Works Contractors (Class I) *; and
- Registered Fire Service Installation Contractors (Class 1 & 2) *.
* Formal application will be started in Q4 2024 tentatively. For a transitional arrangement, Expression of Interest (EOI) Database is launched for application.
The official application for the categories of Authorized Persons (AP), Registered Inspectors (RI) and Registered General Building Contractors (RGBC) is open for all year-round application.
Service providers can visit the website of the scheme at https://brcrs.brplatform.org.hk/ for more details, and apply through the "Building Rehabilitation Company Registration Scheme" online application system.
Building Rehabilitation Company Database Search Engine
After the launch of the Building Rehabilitation Company Registration Scheme (BRCRS) on 31 March 2021, company information and assessment scores for all the successful registered consultants and Registered General Building Contractors have been included in the Building Rehabilitation Company Database Search Engine (the Database) for public reference . For details, please visit the website for the Database https://brcrs.brplatform.org.hk/en/search-terms or BRCRS website https://brcrs.brplatform.org.hk/.
Expression of Interest (EOI) Database and Search Engine
EOI Database has been launched on 1 April 2022 for application of Registered Minor Works Contractors (Class I) and Registered Fire Service Installation Contractors (Class 1 & 2) which are interested in conducting building rehabilitation works. All the successful applicants have been included in the EOI Database Search Engine with their company information available for public reference starting from 29 April 2022. For details, please visit the BRCRS website https://brcrs.brplatform.org.hk/eoi/en/index.
Besides, the Platform integrates the "Service Providers Reference List" which currently kept by relevant government departments and other organizations related to building rehabilitation projects for the owners' reference.