Flow of Rehabilitation
Mandatory Building Inspection Scheme
Suspected Criminal Offence
Advisory Service for BM Dispute
Lift Modernisation Subsidy Scheme
In the "2018 Policy Address", the Chief Executive announced to launch a HK$2.5 billion for the implementation of the "Lift Modernisation Subsidy Scheme" (LIMSS) in partnership with the Urban Renewal Authority (URA), to promote lift modernisation in the community through provision of financial incentive with appropriate professional support to building owners of private residential or composite (commercial and residential) in need, thereby enhancing lift safety.
A building participating in the LIMSS must meet the following criteria:
1. The building is a private residential or composite (commercial & residential) building (including a building held by a Civil Servants' Co-operative Building Society ( “CBS”)); and
2. The lifts in the building have not been equipped with any or all of the “essential safety devices” specified in Paragraph 1 of “Scope of Works/Services Covered by the Subsidy” ; and
3. The average annual rateable value for the residential flat should not exceed HK$162,000 in urban areas (including Shatin, Kwai Tsing, Tsuen Wan); while not exceed HK$124,000 in New Territories.
Owner's organisations and Applicant's Representatives
- If an owners’ corporation (OC) has been formed, the OC should be the Applicant submitting the application to the URA.
- For building without an OC (including those held by CBS), all owners collectively or CBS (if appropriate) should be the Applicant submitting the application to the URA. Please refer to the “Application Notes for building without Owners’ Corporation” in Annex I of the IBRAS Application Form for the application requirements and details.
The LIMSS is open for application in two rounds. The applicant must submit the completed Application Form and necessary documents to URA in accordance with the dates and methods specified in below:
|Opening Date for Application||Closing Date for Application||Deadline for submission of documents|
29 March 2019
31 July 2019
31 January 2020
|Second RoundNote 2||
2 September 2019
31 March 2020
31 March 2020
Note 2: Announcements published on URA website shall prevail.
Scope of Works/Services Covered by the Subsidy
1. Addition of “Essential safety devices” (The following devices must be included in the application made under the LIMSS if such devices have not been equipped in the lift)
(i) Double brake system;
(ii) Unintended car movement protection device;
(iii) Ascending car overspeed protection device; and
(iv) Car door mechanical lock and door safety edge.
2. Addition of “Optional safety devices” (If the following devices have not been equipped in the lift, addition of each missing optional device will be covered by the subsidy under the LIMSS)
(i) Intercom and CCTV system;
(ii) Obstruction switch; and/or
(iii) Automatic rescue device.
3. Lift drive replacement and associated works where it is technically necessary or more cost-effective in order to install the “essential safety devices” specified in items (i) to (iv) of Paragraph 1 above.
4. Complete replacement of a lift which has not been equipped with any or all of the “essential safety devices” listed in items (i) to (iv) of Paragraph 1 above.
5. Subsequent follow-up services during defect liability period for the related safety devices in Paragraphs 1 to 4 above but exclusive of routine maintenance services.
6. URA will arrange free consultancy services for the scope specified in Paragraphs 1 to 5 to the Applicant. If the Applicant requests for service(s) out of the scope, the Applicant shall bear all the expenses the relevant consultancy services incurred. Details of the scope of free consultancy services, together with the fees of additional services and payment method, will be listed in the service agreement. If the Applicant opts to appoint their own consultant to co-ordinate the lift modernisation works, relevant consultancy fee will be subsidised.
Level of Subsidy
Once the application is approved, owners will be granted the following subsidies:
1. The Applicant may receive subsidy up to 60% of the total cost of the works and follow-upservices specified in Paragraphs 1 to 5 of “Scope of Works/Services Covered by the Subsidy” per lift; and the consultancy fee of owner appointed consultant specified in Paragraph 6 of Scope of Works, subject to a cap of HK$20,000 per lift.The total amount of subsidies for the cost specified in Paragraphs 1 to 5 of “Scope of Works/Services Covered by the Subsidy” and the consultancy fee specified in Paragraph 6 of Scope of Works (if applicable) is capped at HK$500,000 per lift;
2. Eligible elderly owner-occupiers aged 60 or above in the building concerned can receive subsidy of full cost of relevant works and consultancy fee of owner appointed consultant as specified in Paragraph 1 above (if applicable) that they have to contribute, subject to a cap of HK$50,000 per domestic unit. Eligible elderly owner-occupiers should fill in the “Integrated Building Rehabilitation Assistance Scheme (IBRAS) Application Form for Owners of Individual Unit” by themselves and submit to URA within the application period specified in Paragraph 6.7 of “AN-LIMSS (EOO)”. Please refer to “AN-LIMSS (EOO)” for details.
3. For CBS buildings approved for participating in the LIMSS, members of the CBS may apply for subsidies for elderly owner-occupiers specified in Paragraph 2 above for their units.
1. Subsidy for formation of OC
To encourage the building owners to form OC to carry out building repair works, the Applicant of this Scheme will be granted a subsidy of HK$3,000 for forming an OC on condition that the date of issue of the Certificate of Registration of OC falls within 12 months before the submission date of the Application Form of this Scheme, and an “Approval-in-Principle Letter” has been granted to the application for the Scheme.
2. If the Applicant plans to carry out building rehabilitation works and the building fulfil the application criteria for “Common Area Repair Works Subsidy”, the Applicant may make the application for “Common Area Repair Works Subsidy” simultaneously. However, the relevant works shall not duplicate with those approved under the LIMSS. Please refer to “AN-CAS” for details.
3 The Applicant shall not receive double subsidies for each work item. URA will withdraw or deduct the subsidies of the same work item under the LIMSS which has been successfully granted with subsidies / grant under other incentive schemes, e.g. “Operation Building Bright 1.0”, “Operation Building Bright 2.0”, “Common Area Repair Works Subsidy”, “Buildings Energy Efficiency Funding Scheme”, “CLP Eco Building Fund “and “Smart Power Building Fund” etc.