Building Rehabilitation Workflow
Building Maintenance Grant Scheme for Needy Owners
Mandatory Building Inspection Scheme
Wherever possible, owners/OCs should convene meetings where the works consultant presents the content of the tender assessment report and results for owners to shortlist preferred works contractors for interview.
Through interviews, owners/OCs may know more about the works contractors in the following aspects:
• Quality/experience/biography of the management personnel/staff;
• Past experience in handling similar works and goodwill;
• Company scale and organisational structure;
• Designated teams for the works;
• Extent of knowledge of workflow/requirements;
• Knowledge of specifications and the works concerned;
• Knowledge of the condition of the subject building.
Points to note
• Unless on reasonable grounds, the 5 lowest bidders should be shortlisted for the interview;
• Send early invitations to interview in writing to allow sufficient preparation time on the side of shortlisted works contractors (e.g. at least 7 days
• Confirm receipt of invitation with shortlisted works contractors;
• Contact works contractors who refused or failed to attend the interview directly to learn their reasons;
• Report to the police/Independent Commission Against Corruption (ICAC)/Competition Commission on any incident related or suspected to be
related to improper or unlawful behaviours.
To reduce the risk of corruption, owners/OCs should avoid bargaining in the period after tender submission and before selection of works contractor. If owners/OCs insist in price negotiation, such agenda shall be discussed and resolved on at an owners’ meeting.
Want to learn more?